2. Post-Pandemic Remote Practice: Legal, Forensic & Practical Issues
This is a Streaming Product which will allow you to watch at any time and as often as you wish. We have requested 1.5 CLE Credits for this program.
As we emerge from the cloud of Covid-19, the legal system is assessing return to normal flesh and blood trials, though no doubt attempting to retain some of the benefits of remote processes that have evolved during the pandemic. There are rumblings from the trenches that at least some courts are threatening to “stay remote” forever. There are constitutional and procedural issues that lawyers can raise in opposition to such compulsion. This new program explores these legal issues, as well as forensic issues presented when child custody evaluations are performed remotely. You do not want to miss this one!
• Non-Evidentiary Proceedings vs. Evidentiary Proceedings
• Constitutional Issues: Confrontation & Due Process
• Standard for Deviation from Live Testimony
• Reliability Concerns
Remote Child Custody Evaluations: Forensic Perspective:
• Summary of advantages of RCCEs
• Summary of challenges/risks
• What we know about remote assessment
• Guidelines and resources
• Scrutiny of RCCEs